Terms of Sale, Shipping and Return Policy are:
- You may register to purchase, or you may purchase without registering.
- Trail Explorers.com currently accepts payment through: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and eChecks We also offer offsite options of Pay Pal, we also accept Money Orders, Cashiers checks, Personal Checks, Business Checks mailed in.
- Orders Paid by Personal checks and eChecks may be held up to 7 days.
- NSF Checks and eChecks are Subject to a $35 Return fee.
- Purchase orders from Companies or Government agencies must be pre approved.
- Mail order payments must be received within 10 days of transaction, or it may be voided and returned.
- Items will be shipped within 2 business days of successful payment normally less. Shipping confirmation will be mailed when your items ship.
Available methods of shipping are:
- USPS, Most Classes from First Class through Express Mail both Domestic and International.
- UPS all classes from Ground to Next Day Air (only to physical address no PO Boxes)
- All Digital Map Programs are not available outside of North America.
- All Shipping and Handling charges are non refundable.
- All Sales of Paper Products (including folded maps) and used Software and books are final no returns. Unless specific requirements are followed below.
- Sales of Software can be returned if the following guidelines are met software must be unopened in original box with factory seal intact, in original condition, within 14 days of receipt of purchase for a full refund of the price less shipping charge. Items beyond the 14 day period are none refundable.
- Opened Returned Software will be charged a 15% Restock fee and return Postage is the responsibility of the returning party.
- Unused unopened Paper Products and or Maps may be returned within 14 days of purchase, following guidelines for return authorization, and may be subject to a restocking fee of 15%.
- Tools and miscellaneous items not discussed above must be returned in original undamaged packaging within 14 days of receipt and will incur a 15% restock fee!
- All returns must be authorized by e-mailing [email protected] an Return Authorization "RA" # will be delivered via e-mail and must be written on the outside of the box or it will be refused.
- All Items with Warranties must be returned to the Manufacturer for warranty service, sending to Trail Explorers will only delay your service.
- Time Period for returns is 14 days of receipt of your items, you must contact us within this time to receive an RA# to be eligible.
- Site Policy Changes May change from time to time, all changes will be posted and highlighted here, 10 days before implementation
- Business hours are 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday Pacific Time, you may call with questions or to place an order via phone, Trail Explorers has a very small staff please be patient if you leave a message during business hours our staff is instructed to get back to you within 30 minutes to help you with your question, or order. After hours Messages will be returned the next business day, from time to time staff may return your messages on Saturday as shipping and order fulfillment is done occasionally on this day, please leave a good time to call, if staff is on hand they will return your call.
- The Toll Free Number is 1-877-881-1401 or 1-888-251-7589.
- This Policy Statement was Last Updated 02/13/2015
Shipping and Delivery times:
Domestic USA average Ship times:
Times vary on Location from zip code 98501, APO and FPO Addresses are not tracked these times may be different
- First Class Mail Averages 3 Days can vary from 2- 8 Days Delivery times are not Guaranteed
- Priority Mail Averages 2 Days can vary from 2 - 5 days Delivery times are not Guaranteed
- Express Mail Averages 1.5 days can be from 1-2 days this Service does qualify for Guarantee if beyond 2 days.
- USPS Items are not traceable with "Delivery Confirmation" numbers
- All UPS services are guaranteed services and traceable please see your tracking number for scheduled delivery dates
If your item does not arrive within 15 days from date of shipment notification please contact us and we will help you track it down.
Delivery times are subject to customs regulations of destination country and may delay items for extended periods. Customs duties and fees may be applicable.
- First Class Mail International Averages eight Days and can vary from 6 - 15 days Delivery times are not Guaranteed
- Priority Mail International averages 6 days and varies from 5 - 15 days Delivery times are not Guaranteed
- Express Mail International averages 4 days and varies from 3 - 10 days Delivery times are not Guaranteed
Delivery times to International Destinations can be delayed up to thirty days to some countries and forty five to others. If after 30 days you do not receive your item please contact us so we can help you find your item. Most delays are caused by Customs and can be resolved by contacting them directly or your local post carrier. the 30 days is a standard set by the USPS for all international lost package criteria, some countries such as Italy have 45 day waits before items can be declared as missing.
Q: What Shipping Methods do you offer Domestically?
A: We offer USPS First Class, Priority Mail, and Express Mail services. UPS Ground 3 Day select, 2nd Day Air and Overnight.
Q: Do You Ship media mail?
A: None of our items we sell qualify as media, so therefore we do not offer it.
Q: Parcel Post is much less expensive why won't you offer it to your customers?
A: Bottom Line, Service. Parcel post is extremely slow and undependable, while offering it may save our customers money the extended delays and customers expecting it to be as fast as first class outweigh the savings.
Q: What Shipping Methods do you offer Internationally?
A: Because of customs and brokerage fees UPS is not offered Internationally. We offer First Class International, Priority Mail international and Express mail International. any items valued over $50 or 4 pounds will not be eligible for First Class International.
Q: Will you lower the value on the customs forms so we can save on import taxes?
A: We have no control over the taxing agencies for international destinations, USPS regulations do not allow falsification of customs forms, we declare actual value for insurance and the afore mentioned regulation. We are regular known shippers to many countries and for us to be able to continue this we follow the rules.
Q: Why does shipping cost so much?
A: We Charge the Actual Rate + $1.50 - $2.00 Domestic $2.00 - $3.00 International for the full order, this covers cost of insurance and packaging, our handling charge does not increase as the order gets larger. For our Amazon.com customers may see a slightly larger shipping fee due to the Amazon shipping structure and Amazons backend fee charged to sellers for shipping collected.
Q: If I order today will you ship today?
A: Yes and no, if an order arrives to us before 12 noon Pacific time on our scheduled shipping days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday your order will most likely ship the same day, if your order misses this time it will ship the following shipping day. Express mail items will ship same day if received before noon Pacific time. Amazon customers selecting Expedited will be shipped no later than the following business day, there is no express service for Amazon orders all expedited shipping is Priority Mail.
Q: I received the wrong item what can I do?
A: We strive to get things right 100% of the time, unfortunately sometimes we make an error packing an order. What we do is make it right, that is our promise and the way we do business, contacting us VIA Telephone or e-mail will usually take care of the issue we answer all e-mails and queries about orders. Again while we work hard to be error free it does happen occasionally and by you contacting us helps us #1 correct the problem you have and #2 helps us better serve you and all of our customers in the future.
Q: I ordered an Item and received a shipping notification the same day yet it has been a week where is my item?
A: Shipping times can vary wildly depending on destinations, average times for First Class Domestic USA within the 48 states is 2-5 days delays can happen up to 15 days however, we do use Delivery confirmation on all packages and you will receive this number with your shipping notification, it can sometimes be tracked it is not considered a tracking number but it does make a great too for us to help you track your item down if it gets hung up somewhere. Please contact us if your item has been delayed over 7 days we can at 15 days file for lost package. Priority Mail falls under the same rules as First class, Express mail should be delivered the next day and is the only guaranteed service with USPS. As for UPS all service times are Guaranteed.
A: For international buyers delivery times are usually twice as long as domestic US shipments. Delays can occur for many reasons including customs delays, No service has a Guaranteed delivery time. Lost packages cannot be investigated internationally to most countries until 30 days have passed. Some countries such as Italy have a 45 day rule. We will only ship items with a $50 value or more Priority Mail because of traceability and insurance
Shipping Policy Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ's
Warranty Support Information:
All of the Products Trail Explorers offers have some type of manufacturer warranty, these warranties are specific and unique from each manufacturer, if you ever have the need for warranty service or technical support for your item, please contact the manufacturer, and of course let us know any problems you may have as we may be able to help expedite your issue with the Manufacturer. Below is a list of manufacturers and links to their policies.
National Geographic Maps
210 Beaver Brook Canyon Road
Evergreen, CO 80439
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
12106 NE Ainsworth Cir.
Portland, Oregon 97220
Phone: (503) 253-7826
Toll Free: (800) 847-8665
Fax: (503) 253-7830
1545 South 1100 East #3
Salt Lake City UT 84105
General iGage Information
Toll Free: +1 888 450-4922
J. L. DARLING CORPORATION
2614 PACIFIC HWY. E.
TACOMA, WA 98424
(253)922-5000 - FAX (253) 922-5300
Fisher Space Pen Co.
Boulder City, NV 89005
United States of America
2255 Brunton Court
Riverton, WY 82501 USA
For Technical Questions: [email protected]